SELF-CARE REMINDERS DURING COVID-19:
- Be gentle with yourself, and with those around you.
- Stay calm.
- Limit your social media and COVID-19 news coverage and intake.
- Do your best to contain the anxiety that COVID-19 brings.
- Set a routine for you and your loved ones to help build consistency.
- Reach out to your support networks:
*Pennsylvania has launched a HELPLINE for those suffering anxiety / distress related to COVID-19: Phone: 1-855-284-2494, TTY: 724-631-5600
*Staffed 24/7 with individuals trained to provide support related to traumatic experiences.
*Assistance available for children, teens and adults.
- Focus on controlling the things that you can.
- Do not ignore your thoughts and feelings.
- Stick to (or create new) healthy habits.
- Find at least one thing to feel positive or grateful about every day.
- Figure out a way to help others.
Paoli Family Medicine is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our community. We are committed to protecting the safety of our patients, staff and community. To do our part in reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we will be taking the following precautionary measures (devised after consultation with various infectious disease resources and large hospital based health systems in our area) aimed at protecting our vulnerable patients while continuing to provide much needed medical attention to our community:
- In an abundance of caution, we will not see sick patients (i.e. anyone with any kind of cold or respiratory symptoms) in the office until further notice. Patients whom are sick or at-risk will be directed, as needed, to one of our medical personnel for advisement on evaluation and/or treatment.
- We will continue to see routine appointments and follow-ups for patients whom have no symptoms of sickness as outlined above. Some patients whom are in high-risk categories (such as the elderly or those whom are immune-compromised) may be directed by their provider to postpone their regularly scheduled visit.
- We will be instituting an enhanced cleaning protocol to include timed disinfection of common areas throughout the day, and medical-grade cleaning of our exam rooms after every patient. This is in addition to the thorough cleaning we do nightly.
- We are now offering telemedicine visits; please call the office to schedule an appointment.
- We will be modifying our office hours, due to the significantly decreased volume of patients requesting appointments during this Coronavirus lockdown period. Please note that until further notice, our office hours are M-F 8am-4pm. We will not have evening hours, and our office will be closed on Saturdays.
- While we are available in the office every weekday, we are also always available by portal message and one of us is on-call whenever the office is closed.
Your health, safety, and comfort are our top priorities. These restrictions will be continuously evaluated as the COVID-19 situation evolves.